Welcome To Relax Consulting's Blog

Transparent thoughts and ideas from Administrative Consultant (aka: Virtual Assistant, Crystal Casavant of Relax Consulting.

Relax Consulting - Let Us Help, So YOU Can RELAX!

Phone: 920.645.7529

Email: Crystal@RelaxConsulting.com



Monday, April 2, 2012

Laughing at me? Or with me?

So -

A few weeks ago, someone told me I needed a YouTube video for my website (the real site: http://www.relaxconsulting.com/ ). I've never made a YouTube video before, and in fact...I don't even frequent YouTube. All I know is my iphone has a camera and a camcordery buttony thingy and one of the options says you can make a video and post it to Youtube. So - you guessed it, alone in my office during the wee hours of the morning, I make a video that I think is pretty good. It took a few 'takes' since reading the paper script and holding the iphone was a challenge and made me look like a shifty eyed used car salesman (no offense to my friends in the auto industry - you know the cliche).

The video was as done as it was ever going to be - I didn't spit, I stuttered on a little, and I thought I looked sort of smart with my classes on and my hair down. I sent it to YouTube and was quite proud that I even put it on my website.

Well - if you want a good laugh, check it out...but I'm not taking it down. Here's why I'm leaving it on YouTube and my site. It's because it's real. It's like having your friends over and letting them see you without make up on. It makes you vulnerable - and if I'm asking you to put your business in my hands and trust me, you SHOULD know that I'm real. I make mistakes, I say I'm sorry, I learn a thing or twelve, and I move forward. If you don't want to work with me because I'm not perfect...then we are probably a crappy fit anyway.

Some of the best things in life began as a mistake or as something that needs improvement. So here you go - have a laugh at me or with me - either way, laugh...it's good for you!

~Crystalhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUo6ZByMg9g&context=C4f66f3aADvjVQa1PpcFNOAjTutROgoIETVhD_j_ED6LKjVbbtCM4=

No comments:

Post a Comment