Welcome To Relax Consulting's Blog

Transparent thoughts and ideas from Administrative Consultant (aka: Virtual Assistant, Crystal Casavant of Relax Consulting.

Relax Consulting - Let Us Help, So YOU Can RELAX!

Phone: 920.645.7529

Email: Crystal@RelaxConsulting.com



Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lack of Compassion Equals Lack of Customers/Clients

Yes, I'm a stickler when it comes to customer service. It's not really that difficult to impress me, but if you have a culture not focused on customers and compassion you will DEPRESS me very quickly. I have not shopped at a particular retail store for five years because a supervisor treated an employee badly and when I gave that feedback to the manager, he didn't come up with a solution. Similarly, a friend of mine was treated poorly today and it cost the business over $1,300 and when I called to give them the feedback, they apologized but didn't provide a solution. I'm sorry goes a long way, but here's what is even better:

"I'm sorry, we would like to make this right. What about ___________________? or ____________? Would either of these options turn this into a positive experience for you?"

If you cannot show compassion to your customer, clients, or staff I refuse to spend my money at your business and I refuse to refer anyone to your business. It's just really that simple in my mind.

Now tell me about what makes or breaks your customer service experience - I want to hear from YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment