Welcome To Relax Consulting's Blog

Transparent thoughts and ideas from Administrative Consultant (aka: Virtual Assistant, Crystal Casavant of Relax Consulting.

Relax Consulting - Let Us Help, So YOU Can RELAX!

Phone: 920.645.7529

Email: Crystal@RelaxConsulting.com



Sunday, June 10, 2012

Draino for Writer's Blockages

Hi!
It's Crystal and you may not always like what I write, how I write, etc...in fact I know there are people that don't like anything I write...but that doesn't stop me from writing. People tell me that they have writer's block; they were once amazing creative or technical writers and now they can't figure out what to write at all. Here are some tips that work for me - they may or may not work for others, but like anything in life...take what you want and leave the rest behind. So, here are my thoughts, for what they are worth:

Read a book or blog by your favorite author - you may be thinking "what does reading have to do with writing?" but in reality, you probably write a lot like your favorite author (in the same way that you probably have similar interests with your closest friends). Reading what he/she has written may be just the spark you need to start your writing fire and unclog that writer's block.

Don't make writing a have to...so journal! - something exciting had to have happened to you today. If you aren't ready for blogging, then write it down in a journal. Don't worry about punctuation or spelling, just spill it out like you would talk to your bestie. Many people tell me that reading my blogs make them feel like they're talking to me - I don't put a lot of thought into it, which lets my readers know that I'm authentic and my writing is conversational. If I put too much pressure on, my writing doesn't flow.

Write a letter to a friend - share your day, a funny experience, etc... you don't need to write a novel at this point, you're just trying to get the blockage out of the drain. Write a little or a lot, but just write...and once the blockage is gone, the writing will come naturally again!

That's it - three little steps you can take. Once the block is gone, start blogging and be sure to let us know where we can find your blog - we'd love to read what you're writing!

Keep in touch and keep sharing ideas and experiences!

~Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment